Fathers, don’t let your daughters grow up to be like WordPress.
Wow! WordPress is 10 years old today! Although I can’t say much for it being much of a role model…
If I ever have a daughter that grew up to be like WordPress, she’d…
- Be popular enough to get used by 60% of all the boys (and girls) at school…
- Be a world traveler, being logged into in over 120 different countries.
- Be accessible to multiple users.
- Be open enough to take all kinds of plugins in the backend.
- Be willing to change into different sexy wares to mix it up from time to time.
- Be totally dynamic, unlike those other static websites that just lie there.
- Be willing to get a facelift when it’s apparent she’s looking a little old and used up.
- Have weekend workshops around the world devoted to learning how to manipulate her better.
- Give her goodies away for free, but know to charge for something when people really want it.
- And…. Be a little susceptible to the occasional virus, but nothing a little Sucuri-cillin won’t clean up.
Fathers, don’t let your daughters to be like WordPress.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WORDPRESS!!!
Edit: Here’s a post by Matt waxing poetic about his lovely creation.
No comments yet.