In a very special Friday edition of the Flaunt Your Site Blog, we’re going to do some video! We wanted to talk about Call To Actions for your photography blogs and what are good call to actions and what aren’t.
So we’ve enlisted some very brave participants to share their sites and take part in the critique.
So without further ado.
Tips to remember when crafting your Call To Actions:
- Have strong call to actions. “Look at my Portfolio” is not a strong call to action. After an emotional blog post, you want to leverage that and have them contact you to book a wedding or portrait session.
- Keep your call to actions uncluttered. Don’t distract people with other things on your site. Make every inch of your website earn it’s keep.
- Remove barriers. Make it easy for people to contact you.
- Use a contact form on a separate page. Don’t use Ajax dropdown contact forms, they can’t easily be tracked in Analytics.
- Test how well they work and modify if needed. Have a separate Book Me page, and see how many views it gets over 6 months to see if you’re call to action is working.
I hope that this was helpful for everyone. Please let us know in the comments below.